Distance Training in
Classical Adlerian Depth Psychotherapy:
Conducting Parent and Pre-School Teacher Education Workshops
Instructor: Henry T. Stein, Ph.D.
||To learn how to promote and conduct a series of parent and pre-school teacher education workshops that complement the practice of family therapy.
||Selected readings from publications (Children the Challenge, Logical Consequences, and Educating Children for Cooperation & Contribution: Volume I). Handouts from parent and teacher education workshops conducted by Henry & Laurie Stein.
||Comments and questions.
||Six hours of telephone conferencing.
||Approximately six to twelve weeks.
||Prerequisite: Courses DT101, DT102A, DT102B, DT301, DT302A, DT302B, DT304
Outline of Course Content
- PRINCIPLES OF CHILD GUIDANCE
- Adler's Principles
- DeVries' Principles
- Bruck's Principles
- Dreikurs'/Soltz Principles
- Adlerian Child Development Scheme
- WORKSHOP PLAN, LOCATION, AND FORMAT
- Finding a Sponsor
- Advantages of Various Settings, Day/Evening Sessions, Baby-Sitting
- Proposing a Single Pilot Session
- Publicizing the Event
- Setting a Schedule & Designing a Brochure
- Registering Participants at Pilot Session
- PREPARATION FOR WORKSHOP SERIES
- Ordering Books for Partipants
- Distributing Questionnaire About Issues
- Preparing Course Syllabus - Reading, Topic Schedule
- Packet of Handouts
- Assembling Quotes from Adler, Mueller, deVries
- FIRST SESSION
- Informal Introductions
- Breaking the Ice - Group Exercise
- Stimulating Participation - Socratic Questions
- Letting Participants Explore a Topic - Adding What is Missing
- Time for General Questions
- Fielding Inappropriate Questions
- TYPICAL SESSIONS
- Requesting Feedback About Previous Session
- Responses to Assigned Reading Material
- Use of Role-Playing
- Dramatizing Child's Behavior
- Use of Humor
- Fielding Private Questions During Breaks
- Clarifying Issues That Are More Appropriate for Counseling
- FINAL SESSION & ADVANCED WORKSHOP
- Requesting Written Responses to Feedback Questionnaire
- Proposing Follow-up Advanced Workshop
- Distributing Schedule for Advanced Workshop
- Registrations for Advanced Workshop
REGISTRATION FOR: DISTANCE TRAINING IN CLASSICAL ADLERIAN DEPTH PSYCHOTHERAPY
CONDUCTING PARENT & PRE-SCHOOL TEACHER EDUCATION WORKSHOPS
(Please print this form, fill it out, and mail it with your course fee.)
City:___________________State:___________ Zip:________ Country:__________
Home Tel:__________________________ Bus.Tel:______________________________
Tuition Enclosed: ___________ (payable to "Henry T. Stein, Ph.D")
Mail to: Alfred Adler Institute of Northwestern Washington
2565 Mayflower Lane
Bellinghame, WA 98226
Information: Call Henry T. Stein, Ph.D.
Use the "Buy Now" link below to order with a credit card(via PayPal).
Distance Training Course: DT503 - Conducting Parent and Pre-School Teacher Education Workshops