Distance Training in
Classical Adlerian Brief Therapy:
Case Analysis and Treatment Planning
Instructor: Henry T. Stein, Ph.D.
||To connect theoretical understanding with practical diagnostic skill. To develop a series of efficient strategies, including computer programs and dynamics genograms, for comprehensive case analysis and creative treatment planning.
||Selected case analyses by Alfred Adler. Handouts, worksheets, and sample cases for analysis, from a five-Day master seminar conducted by Henry Stein
||Creative Case Analysis & Treatment Planning, five-day master seminar conducted by Henry Stein. (Thirty hours)
||Comments and questions.
||Five hours of telephone conferencing.
||Approximately five to ten weeks.
||Prerequisite: Courses DTB101, DTB102, DTB302
Outline of Course Content
- ORGANIZING DATA FOR EXPANSIVE GUESSING
- Outline as primary organizing structure.
- Matrix as thinking tool.
- Recording history of active guessing.
- Dynamics multi-generational genogram as visual aid.
- Matching data to theory with network model for eliciting hunches.
- Discovering client's private logic.
- IMPLEMENTING THE CREATIVE PROCESS
- Stages of the creative process: Interest, Preparation, Information, Incubation, Illumination, Verification, and Application.
- Models of brain dominance, triune brain, holograms, chaos theory, and feeling tone theory.
- Contributions of logic, feeling, imagery, & somatic responses.
- ANALYZING & SYNTHESIZING STRATEGIES
- Detailed, systematic analysis of data, especially earliest recollections.
- Identifying client's mistakes and missing dynamics.
- Parallels to qualitative analysis.
- Tracing common denominators, repeated patterns, parallels and contrasts.
- Utilizing image, metaphor, & feeling.
- INTERPRETING PSYCHOLOGICAL MOVEMENT
- Adler's original conception of movement.
- References points of context, task, normal expectations, and ideals.
- Influences of remembered past, perceived present, and imagined future.
- Optional directions of safety, prestige, problem-solving, and growth.
- DRAFTING A COMPLETE LIFE STYLE ANALYSIS
- Utilitzing all of Adler's theoretical tools, including: inferiority feelings, compensatory fictional goal, attitudes toward life tasks, antithetical scheme of apperception, activity level and radius, degree of social feeling, private logic, memories, and dreams.
- FORMULATING COMPREHENSIVE TREATMENT PLANS
- Strategies for correcting mistaken ideas about self, other, and life.
- Providing a missing behavioral/emotional experience.
- Building on interests and strengths.
- Launching a new direction--adding what is missing.
- Speaking client's language.
- UTILIZING COMPUTER & ONLINE TECHNOLOGIES
- Integrating two commercial software programs for complete case management: combining word processing, outlining, database, and graphics capabilities.
- Creating templates for customizing data entry.
- Using online providers and the Internet for finding case-relevant information rapidly.
REGISTRATION FOR: DISTANCE TRAINING IN CLASSICAL ADLERIAN BRIEF THERAPY
CASE ANALYSIS AND TREATMENT PLANNING - DT301
(Please print this form, fill it out, and mail it with your course fee.)
City:___________________State:___________ Zip:________ Country:__________
Home Tel:__________________________ Bus.Tel:______________________________
Tuition Enclosed: ___________ (payable to "Henry T. Stein, Ph.D.")
Mail to: Alfred Adler Institute of Northwestern Washington
2565 Mayflower Lane
Bellingham, WA 98226
Information: Call Henry T. Stein, Ph.D.
List of Courses:
Back to Distance Training Main Page: